Peterborg is one of the most prestigious addresses in the US Virgin Islands. Home to luxurious properties with breathtaking views of Magens Bay and the Atlantic Ocean, Peterborg is the perfect place to live your dream Caribbean lifestyle.
For more information on Peterborg real estate, click here.
Living in Peterborg: What you need to know
- Peterborg is a peninsula on the northern side of St. Thomas, separating the Atlantic Ocean and Magens Bay. It has a sloping terrain, with a central ridge that offers panoramic views of both the bay and the ocean at some points. The elevated home sites ensure there’s no shortage of stunning scenery wherever you live in the peninsula. But while waterfront homes and homes with water views are common, only a few have direct access to the beach.
- Magens Bay is considered one of the most beautiful beaches in the world. Protected by the Peterborg peninsula, the bay is calm with gentle waves lapping on fine, powdery white sand. People come here to swim, snorkel, and do other activities on the water, or simply to chill on the vastly-shaded shore.
- Peterborg features beautiful vacation villas with luxurious features and top-of-the-line amenities. The peninsula is home to permanent residents, as well as vacation home owners and rental property investors.
Attractions and things to do in Peterborg
With its one-of-a-kind features and proximity to St. Thomas’s top destinations, you’ll never run out of things to do and see in Peterborg.
- Explore the many attractions at Magens Bay Park
Magens Bay Park was developed from the 68 acres of land deeded by Arthur S. Fairchild to the people of St. Thomas in 1946. It encompasses one mile of Magens Bay Beach, a 50-acre coconut grove, the six-acre Magens Bay Arboretum, mangroves, wetlands, and more. Arthur S. Fairchild was a pillar of Wall Street before he moved to the Virgin Islands, where he lived for the remainder of his life.
- Hike through different ecosystems at Magens Bay Trail
Part of Magens Bay Park, the 1 1/2- mile Magens Bay Trail meanders through a mixed-dry forest, a moist tropical forest, and thick mangroves before arriving at Magens Bay Beach. Near the top of the trail is a platform with overlooking views of the bay and is also a great venue for birdwatching.
- Escape from it all at Picara Point
Also known as Peterborg Point, Picara Point is the northeast tip of the Peterborg peninsula. Famous for its rugged cliffs, tidal pools, and spectacular but treacherous waves, Picara Point has a raw, untamed beauty that attracts adventure-seekers and sightseers.
- Tour Charlotte Amalie
St. Thomas’s capital and downtown is just twelve minutes from Peterborg. Home to a picturesque harbor and an eclectic array of restaurants, shops, and bars, the town has a long colorful history spiced by the comings and goings of famous pirates. Significant historical buildings, such as Blackbeard’s Castle, Bluebeard’s Castle, Fort Christian, and St. Thomas Synagogue, are must-see attractions. The wide array of shops feature everything from clothing and jewelry to fresh produce and local rum.
Relocating to the US Virgin Islands? Live your dream life in this beautiful community. I can help you find the perfect home. Contact me today at 340.690.9995 or send an email to barbara(at)seaglassproperties(dotted)com.