When it comes to prestigious communities on St. Thomas, Deck Point is definitely part of the conversation. Located on a peninsula on the island’s East End, this waterfront enclave is a playground for sailing enthusiasts and those who simply want to be near the Caribbean.
At a glance
- Deck Point is nestled on the hilly tip of a peninsula between Jersey Bay and Cowpet Bay.
- St. Thomas Yacht Club, established in the 1960s, is located in the bordering bayto the neighborhood. This makes the locale exceptionally ideal for avid boaters. At least two homes in Deck Point enjoy a private dock – a rarity on St. Thomas.
- Anchorage Condominiums is located on Deck Point next door tothe St. Thomas Yacht Club. A wonderful option for folks with a more moderate budget but a desire for oceanfront living.
History of Deck Point
It can be said that Deck Point’s history is closely tied with that of St. Thomas Yacht Club’s foundation. For that, you have a wonderful mix of older homes and newer residences in the community.
- Like most of this part of the East End, Deck Point before the 1960s was largely untamed, rugged brush. The area came to be known by its current name sometime in the early 1960s. It’s unclear where this name came from.
- It was also in the 1960s when Deck Point and its neighboring areas were slowly cleared up for further development. The vicinity was thought of as a perfect location for a yacht club due to the bays and coves in the area. True enough, a part of southern Cowpet Bay was developed and today, the St. Thomas Yacht Club stands on that site.
Deck Point real estate for sale
The gated community of Deck Point has many draws for home buyers and real estate investors.
First off, Deck Point real estate is a mélange of old and new homes. Some of the older properties here were built before the 1990s, lovingly maintained and outfitted with the latest in home features.
Second, Deck Point’s location makes it especially attractive if you’re looking for waterfront and water view properties. In fact, the Deck Point market is a must-visit if you are exploring your beachfront real estate options. Furthermore, having a vacation rental in Deck Point can be a lucrative venture.
Third, beachfront villas and estates are not the only options in the area. The Anchorageisan ideal if you’d are looking for a waterfront condo on St. Thomas’ East End.
For a better look at Deck Point real estate, reach out to a local realtor. You can get in touch with me at (340) 690-9995 or barbara(at)seaglassproperties(dotted)com to schedule a consultation today.