The Mahogany Run community was originally developed around the spectacular Mahogany Run Golf Course. Once considered one of the best golf courses in the Caribbean, Mahogany Run Golf Course was devastated by Hurricane Irma and Hurricane Maria in 2017, and has remained close as of early 2019.
Despite this, the neighborhood is still considered one of the most desirable places to live and stay on the island of St. Thomas in the US Virgin Islands. Located at the island’s north side, Mahogany Run is just minutes away from beautiful Magens Bay and the exciting town of Charlotte Amalie. It features luxurious single-family homes, condos, and townhomes, with tranquil views of the down-islands, the sparkling waters of the Atlantic Ocean, and lush green hillsides and forests.
At a glance:
- Mahogany Run is made up of two guard-gated communities managed by two separate homeowners’ association, the Mahogany Run Condominium Association and the Mahogany Run Home Owners Association
- The Mahogany Run Home Owners Association oversees the part of the community composed of houses, vacant land, and patio villas. The neighborhood is one of the few in St. Thomas with 24/7 patrolling and staff-gated security.
- The Mahogany Run Condominium Association maintains the condominium community, which boasts two staff-guarded gates and excellent neighborhood amenities.
- Mahogany Run has all-underground utilities to ensure no unsightly wires mar the breathtaking views.
- The neighborhood’s central location is ideal for professionals who want a short commute to the bustling downtown area and come home to the tranquility of its seeming isolation.
History of Mahogany Run
The Mahogany Run golf communities were developed on hillsides surrounding a valley where the Mahogany Run Golf Course was built.
- The Mahogany Run Golf Course was completed in 1980 and immediately gained renown for its excellent design by George and Tom Fazio, as well as the amazing flora and fauna that surround it. It was the only golf course in St. Thomas island.
- In 2017, two powerful storms – Hurricane Irma and Hurricane Maria – brought devastation upon the golf course, which led to its shutdown. As of early 2019, the golf course has remained shut and has been put on sale.
Mahogany Run, St. Thomas real estate
The Mahogany Run condominium community has three sections – the Golf Village, the Tennis Village, and the Barbados Circle/overlook. There are around 240 condos ranging from studios to three bedrooms, each providing breathtaking views of the golf course or the down-islands on the Atlantic Ocean side.
The Tennis Village is home to a limited number of three-bedroom condos, and shares a guard-gated entrance as Old Stone Farmhouse, a fine dining restaurant well known in the island.
Mahogany Run condos for sale boast spacious living areas that have been carefully planned to feel more like a small home than a boxy apartment. Windows are generously featured to let in views of the stunning surroundings, and the amount of storage is more than ample.
The neighborhood includes two private resort-style swimming pools, the Sanderling and the Pouii.
The single-family homes and villas in Mahogany Run are as spectacular as the neighborhood itself. Every single one has been designed for the ultimate enjoyment of the surrounding views. Some homes come with as many as eight bedrooms. Private swimming pools and gorgeous outdoor living areas are common property features.
There are around 122 lots, only half of which have been built on. This gives you a fantastic opportunity to build your Caribbean dream home from the ground up.