Frenchman’s Bay is perfect if you are looking for the classic St. Thomas experience. Its location (close to Charlotte Amalie and Havensight), relaxed coastal atmosphere, and wide array of real estate options make it an even more attractive place to live.
Living in Frenchman’s Bay: What you need to know
- You’re facing the Caribbean sea. Frenchman’s Bay is located on the Southside of St. Thomas. Instead of the cool Atlantic, the slightly warmer Caribbean will greet you every morning. Aside from gentler waves, expect warmer and drier weather on this side of the island.
- A world-famous cruise ship port is a short drive away. Havensight is about a 5-minute drive from Frenchman’s Bay. It’s recognized as one of the busiest cruise ship ports in the world. You know where to go if you want a pleasant journey on the high seas.
Since Havensight is so near, cruise ships are a common sight on the horizon. Watch them drift in and out, at dawn and dusk, and enjoy the twinkling lights on these behemoth ships as they fade in and out of sight.
Attractions and things to do in Frenchman’s Bay
Frenchman’s Bay Quarter and the rest of the Southside are home to a number of the U.S. Virgin Island’s most iconic attractions. World-class resorts and preserves are also located in the area.
- Spend a day in Charlotte Amalie. You don’t know St. Thomas if you haven’t explored the streets of Charlotte Amalie. Adorned with Danish colonial structures, the territory’s capital is a rich historical and cultural center. Include Blackbeard’s Castle, Fort Christian, Emancipation Park, and the St. Thomas Synagogue on your list of must-visit attractions.
- If you’re a fan of shopping, Havensight has plenty to offer. Duty-free shopping and a variety of restaurants are also located here.
- Dive deeper into USVI history. Off the Southside’s coast is Hassel Island, which covers about 135 acres. This is where you can learn more about the U.S. Virgin Island’s military and mercantile history. There are numerous sites to explore in the island, including the Garrison House and Frederik’s Battery.
To get to Hassel Island, head to Charlotte Amalie’s harbor and book a guided tour with the Historical Trust.
Moving to St. Thomas? Work with a trusted local Realtor. Contact me today at barbara(at)seaglassproperties(dotted)com or (340) 690-9995 to learn more about waterfront homes for sale in St. Thomas.