The Preserve at Botany Bay, more commonly referred to as Botany Bay, is one of St. Thomas’ best-kept secrets. Located at the island’s West End, it is one of the most secluded and exclusive residential developments in the U.S. Virgin Islands. Come and take a peek at this emerald-and-sapphire tropical haven.
At a glance
- Botany Bay is one of the more unique communities in all of the U.S. Virgin Islands. The neighborhood sits on a sprawling protected area that covers nearly 400 acres of lush grounds.
- Since Botany Bay is located at the far west end of the island, come here to see and experience St. Thomas at its most raw. The region is largely undeveloped, although the Preserve at Botany Bay is seeing more and more 7 and 8-figure homes spring up. Your own private oasis in the Caribbean may very well be here.
- There is no shortage of dramatic and breathtaking landscapes in Botany Bay. The most haunting and beautiful are its two half-moon beaches, side by side, jutting out to sea.
History of Botany Bay
Botany Bay’s location lends an air of mystery. This previously uncharted region of St. Thomas is more than a former Dutch outpost; it may very well be one of the oldest settlements on the island.
- Prior to the Dutch, Botany Bay and the West End are believed to have been settled during prehistoric times. This theory is solidified by the presence of petroglyphs and the discovery of an ancient village somewhere in the region. It is unknown what became of West End’s earliest inhabitants.
- In the 18th century, ships of colonizers came and settled the area. During this period, sugar mills and sugar cane plantations were built in the region. These became part of the Botany Bay Plantation. Today, remnants of the sugar cane industry comprise the Botany Bay Archaeological District.
Botany Bay real estate for sale
Covering approximately 397 acres of prime land, Botany Bay is one of the best locations to explore St. Thomas beachfront real estate.
Botany Bay is one of the select communities on St. Thomas where you can find large, beachfront home sites. Some of these lots are considered among the largest in the Caribbean; you can go all out in building your dream beach home here. Botany Bay offers conceptual design and custom home programs to help you create and build your tropical escape.
Completed beach villas, tastefully designed and appointed, are also available in Botany Bay. These properties feature stunning ocean vistas, as well as easy access to exclusive coves where you can soak up the sun and feel the waves brush against your feet. Check out the floor plans here.
If you are looking to make Botany Bay your home away from home, acquiring partial ownership at the Residences at Botany Bay is also an option.
Tropical luxury living is right within reach at Botany Bay. Let’s explore some of the best beachfront homes for sale in the U.S. Virgin Islands together. Call me today at (340) 690-9995 or reach me at barbara(at)seaglassproperties(dotted)com to schedule a consultation.