Feel the powdery sand on your feet at Cowpet Bay, where gentle waves constantly lap on the shore. Located on the island of St. Thomas, the community ranks as one of the most attractive places to live in all of the U.S. Virgin Islands.
At a glance
- Cowpet Bay is located in the eastern end of St. Thomas, nestled between Deck Point and Water Point.
- One of the more popular destinations in St. Thomas, Cowpet Bay attracts a steady stream of tourists for its crystal clear waters and white-sand beach and the many accommodations available for short-term as well as long term visitors.
- Cowpet Bay is a well-developed area, with several world-class resorts and dining options located in and around the community. Despite this, Cowpet Bay maintains a peaceful atmosphere. This is one of the reasons why it is a favorite among locals and repeat visitors to the island.
- There are four condominium complexes rimming Cowpet Bay: Cowpet BayWest, Cowpet Bay East, the Elysian and Anchorage Condominiums. Nestled in between is the St. Thomas Yacht Club.
History of Cowpet Bay
An interesting name and a desirable location make Cowpet Bay immediately stand out among tourists and real estate investors in St. Thomas.
- Not much is known about the origins of Cowpet Bay’s name, although it’s likely its roots are Danish.
- Cowpet Bay, along with Vessup Bay and Deck Point, were all relatively unknown parts of St. Thomas until the early 1960s, when the general area started to open up.
- Southern Cowpet Bay proved to be an ideal location for a yacht club. And so, in 1964, a group of sailors decided to build on the site. This is the birth of the St. Thomas Yacht Club.
- The area, once thickly covered with vegetation, was cleared for two months to find the beautiful stretch of white sand Cowpet Bay is famously known for today.
Cowpet Bay, St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands real estate for sale
Desirable location and gorgeous beach aside, Cowpet Bay is also regarded one of the best places in St. Thomas to look for condos. Some of these properties feature memorable water vistas.
Cowpet Bay West is home to over a hundred waterfront condominiums, with units ranging from 2-bed/2-bath configurations to 4-bed/4-bath floor plans. Some of the larger condo units in the area feature two floors. The area is also notable for having a patch of flat, grassy arealayoutresidents lay out or play sports.
The state of condos in Cowpet Bay West vary. Some retain their original look, lovingly maintained and care for, while other units have been updated to cater to modern styles and sensibilities.
The complex of Cowpet Bay East also features two to four-bedroom condos located on the eastern end of the Cowpet Bay community. The St. Thomas Yacht Club is located nearby.
If you are looking for some of the best condos for sale in St. Thomas VI, make Cowpet Bay a must-visit for your home search. Call me today at (340) 690-9995 or send me an e-mail at barbara(at)seaglassproperties(dotted)com to schedule a consultation.