Mahogany Run is one of the few communities in St. Thomas with 24/7 staff-guarded gates. It was originally developed in the 1970s and 1980s as a luxury neighborhood surrounding the prestigious Mahogany Run Golf Course.
Unfortunately, in 2017, the golf course suffered devastation from Hurricane Irma and Hurricane Maria and has since been shut down. Despite this, Mahogany Run continues to be a highly sought-after community in St. Thomas, thanks to its great location, stunning views, and gorgeous upscale homes.
- On the Atlantic side, Mahogany Run offers breathtaking views of the down-islands, including Tortola, St. John, and the British Virgin Islands in the distance. Cooling breezes from the Atlantic make for pleasant temperatures all year round.
- Mahogany Run’s ideal location places it just 12 minutes to Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas’s bustling downtown and commercial district. The neighborhood is only a 5 to 8-minute drive to world-famous Magens Bay Beach.
- The raw, undeveloped areas surrounding Mahogany Bay is home to a dizzying array of flora and fauna. Age-old mahogany trees, calabash, seashore almonds, bougainvillea, jasmine, and other exotic plants and trees grow profusely in the area. The wildlife includes iguanas, mongoose, exotic parrots and hawks, and many more.
Attractions and things to do in Mahogany Run
Residents and visitors of Mahogany Run will find plenty of amazing things to do and see in and around the area.
- Enjoy a ton of activities at Magens Bay Beach
Considered one of the best beaches in the world, Magens Bay has tranquil waters that make it perfect for a host of activities, such as swimming, diving, snorkeling, paddleboarding, kayaking, and many more. On the amply-shaded shore are concession stands and picnic tables for a relaxing day by the water. The beach is part of the 68-acre Magens Bay Park, which also includes an Arboretum, a coconut grove, and a nature trail.
- Have a romantic dinner in an old-world building
You’ll find some of the finest restaurants in Saint Thomas within or just a few minutes from Mahogany Run. These include The Old Stone Farmhouse, located right at the entrance of the community’s Tennis Village. This award-winning restaurant is housed in a 200-year-old stable for a Danish sugar plantation, and has retained many of the structure’s original features, including the hardwood floors, brick arches, and two-feet-thick walls.
- Shop while reliving St. Thomas’s colorful past at Charlotte Amalie
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas’s busy downtown area, is filled with shops where you can buy anything from jewelry and homemade rum to clothing, artworks, and more. Main Street is where most of the biggest shops are found, but check out the quaint alleys and side streets too. You’ll find a treasure trove of unique finds in boutiques housed in historic buildings.
If you prefer a more convenient shopping experience, visit Tutu Park Mall. It’s the largest shopping center in St. Thomas featuring more than fifty stores and a movie theater.
Moving to St. Thomas? Explore single-family homes and condos in Mahogany Run. Contact me today at 340.690.9995 or send an email to barbara(at)seaglassproperties(dotted)com.